Here's a quick break down of the first year:
- Approximately 20 hours per week of classes
- Classes from Tuesday - Friday
- Tuesday & Thursday are your core days, you'll be studying leadership and theology
- Wednesday & Friday will be intensive days in your specialised major
- Chapel starts at 8am every morning
- You're also required to serve 3 hours of internship per week (on a Sunday service)
First year students are introduced to the anatomy of a live audio system. Students will gain a working understanding of the elements of a system and how to set up and run a live PA system for a musical performance.
First year students are introduced to the main lighting fixtures found in live production. Students will be taught how to plot, cable and operate lighting for a live performance. Students will also touch on studio lighting for television as well as basic principles of theatre lighting.
First year students learn how to set up basic vision presentation systems including projection, TVs, small vision switchers and presentation computers and software.
You will be developed in:
- Live audio mixing
- Audio systems set up
- Lighting operation and systems
- Presentation vision systems and operation
Your training will include:
- Audio theory
- Practical set up and operation of audio systems for live music events
- Lighting theory
- Practical operation of various lighting systems for live events
- Practical operation of presentation systems and playback for live events